Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crew Spotlight: Kelci Parker


Kelci working on Shark Tank
      Kelci Parker, the writer of Beauty Queen, graduated from the University of Michigan last April where she majored in Screen Arts and Cultures with a sub-concentration in Screenwriting.  Aside from films and writing, Kelci likes sports, music, working out and cookies and cream ice cream.  Some of her past projects include Shark Tank, The Hairless Grave, A Letter to The Woman Who Stopped Writing Me Back, AWOL, and The Citizen.  Currently, Kelci is living in Los Angeles where she works for Dickhouse Entertainment as a producer’s/creative assistant on the TV show Loiter Squad, set to air on Adult Swim in March of this year.


  1. How did you get involved with the Michigan Creative Film Alliance?   I submitted my script to the MCFA.
  2. What is your role with Beauty Queen?  I was the screenwriter and I did continuity.  
  3. Do you think that Beauty Queen has helped you learn more about your craft?  Beauty Queen taught me more about understanding the production process as a whole than it did my craft.  Working with three different schools brings together a plethora of ideas of how the production process should work; it was interesting to see how our team handled it all.
  4. What is the most valuable thing you're taking away from this project?  Friendships.  I met some really cool and very talented people on this project.  I was happy to walk away with some new friends, who I hope to work with in the future.  
  5. What was your favorite memory, working on Beauty Queen?  90's power hour!
          


NAAF Conference 

No comments:

Post a Comment